Britannica Wins Silver at e-Learning Awards
London, 10 October 2011
E-Learning Award winners unveiled
- Britannica was among several organisations that received an award at the E-Learning Awards last night. The gala evening was held at the Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square in London’s Mayfair.
- Entries were received from nearly 20 countries and nearly 500 people gathered to celebrate the strength and depth of successful e-learning that is taking place across the globe. 16 award categories produced a record 39 winners and showcased the astonishing range and quality of e-learning.
- Britannica won the Silver Award in the Best Use of Mobile Learning category, for the Britannica Kids Apps range, in what the judges revealed was a highly competitive field.
- The full results are at www.elearningage.co.uk
- The full results of the 2011 E-Learning Awards are:
Best use of mobile learning
Gold winner: Epic and Harper Collins
Silver winner: LINE Communications and the Royal School of Artillery
Silver winner: Encyclopædia Britannica
# # #
CONTACT:Encyclopædia Britannica (UK) Ltd
For further information, please contact:
DDI: +44 (0)20 7500 7805
Fax: +44 (0)20 7500 7878