Britannica Image Quest wins publishing award
Digital photo collection is praised by journals, students and teachers
London, 20 June 2011
- Britannica Image Quest, the digital collection of more than two million photos for schools, libraries and universities, has won the Distinguished Achievement Award from the Association of Educational Publishers (AEP).
- Created by Britannica Digital Learning, Image Quest offers easy-to-use, high-quality images from more than 50 international collections, including Dorling Kindersley, Getty, Bridgeman Art Library, Oxford Scientific, Britannica, and National Geographic Society.
- All images are age-appropriate and rights-cleared for educational use, so students and teachers can use them for school projects without fear of copyright infringement.
- The AEP honor comes on top of recent rave reviews from journals and educators. Library Journal cited Image Quest on its “Best Reference” list, calling it “a top-quality product . . . a ten all the way. Excellent throughout.” The Booklist, Library Media Connection and Choice all gave the product “highly recommended” ratings.
- Holmfirth School in Yorkshire, England, among others, reports its students are “keen users of Image Quest, using the resource for creating high-quality presentations and homework assignments.”
- “I’m not surprised that the response to Image Quest has been so resounding,” said Michael Ross, senior vice president and general manager of Britannica Digital Learning. “No other product meets the growing need for easily identifiable, high-quality images on almost any subject—from art to zoology—for students and educators.”
- Image Quest was produced in cooperation with Universal Images Group. For a sample of Britannica Image Quest, please visit the Britannica Flickr Feed: www.flickr.com/photos/britannica_image_quest/
Notes to editors:
- About Britannica Digital Learning:
Britannica Digital Learning (BDL) provides reliable, high-quality classroom products and solutions for educators. BDL experts produce curriculum-correlated products for all ages from preschool to college that make creative of use of classroom technologies—such as interactive whiteboards and student-response devices—making it easier for teachers to teach and for students to learn. Products include Britannica SmartMath, Britannica Pathways: Science, Britannica Online School Edition and Image Quest. More information is available at info.eb.com or 001-800-621-3900.
BDL is a division of Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., located in Chicago.
# # #
For further information, please contact:
(0044) (0)20 7500 7800